No, not the squishy human kind but the electronic kind. Greg's and my contract with T-Mobil was set to expire in May so Greg had been researching our options for a very long time. Then a couple weeks before going to block island my Blackberry stopped functioning altogether. It wouldn't hold a charge and couldn't accept calls, emails or texts. It was like that for over a week and then started working again. So frusterating. Greg's phone had been on deaths door for a long long time so the combination of the two forced our hand a little. Instead of waiting for the new Palm phones like we had intended we decided to switch to ATT and get iphones. Well, we are in love with our new babies. The best thing about them are of course all the applications you can buy. I have been loving the apps that track my weight watcher points, graph my weight loss, my "lady" calendar, tip calculator, to-do list maker, and games among others. Yesterday I took the day off from work to go shopping with the girls at the outlet mall in Riverhead. At one point I found 2 dresses that I loved that would both work for a wedding I am going to in August but I couldn't decide. So I had my friend Marcela use my phone to take photos of the dresses so I could look at them and think about the decision while I shopped. I even emailed them to Greg to get his opinion at work. I have never had a phone with a camera before. So cool! I chose the brown one by the way! Then after shopping we decided to have dinner before the drive back to NYC. I used the "AroundMe" app to find all restaurants in the area, then I used the google maps app to get directions in real time to drive there. So cool! Then after dinner I used my tip calculator to determine how much to pay. I am loving my new phone!
I am loving your new dress! Maybe I'll change carriers when my contract is up. Are they offering the iphone for any bargains now that it's a year old? Dad is wondering if we can both get on a plan. Oh decisions, decisions, and then if we both are out of work --- should we drop them altogether???
I am a Seattle native who was transplanted to the Big Apple 12 years ago. I spend my days managing the Biology Department at a major university and spend my nights with my daughter Vivian and my partner in crime (Hubby Greg) trying to keep everyone fed and in clean clothes.
3 comments:
I am loving your new dress! Maybe I'll change carriers when my contract is up. Are they offering the iphone for any bargains now that it's a year old? Dad is wondering if we can both get on a plan. Oh decisions, decisions, and then if we both are out of work --- should we drop them altogether???
What is the palm phone?
Luke would be so jealous- he is in love with those things. It does look cool...
Post a Comment