Monday, October 12, 2009

Week 23

OK, couldn't resist posting again this weekend. I had a great work week last week. My boss and my sub-boss were both out of the country which meant I got a TON of stuff done in a nice quiet office. So nice! Then this weekend I had a lovely brunch with some of my old co-workers, 2 of which have moved away from NYU and 1 I don't get to see as much since I moved up to the Biology office. We had a great time at Hundred Acres in SOHO. It was a cute place for brunch and the biscuits were to die for. However I would say skip this place, the non-biscuit brunch items were only so-so. In the afternoon I picked up clothes in Brooklyn from a friend of friend who recently had twins. She got baby clothes from my friend Karen in Kansas and is now passing them on to me. There was a ton of stuff in there. I think at this point we are set for 0-3 month old clothes for our little girl thanks to the generosity of friends!

On Sunday it was study day. I am pretty far behind on my homework for my classes so I spent some time trying to catch up. Of course first I had to make waffles! As promised Greg and I threw together Peanut Butter waffles from our new brunch cookbook. We substituted cashew butter for peanut butter which gave the waffles a more subtle nutty flavor. They were pretty good. I of course preferred the plain waffles but Greg favors anything with nut butter. Next week I am going to make yeasted waffles and I can't wait. I am loving waffle winter! Seriously, such a quick and easy but fancy breakfast, even when starting from scratch.

On the baby front I had an exciting development on Sunday. I was sitting on the couch when all of a sudden I felt a very strong concentrated kick. It was startling. Greg looked over and saw this shocked look on my face and asked me what was wrong just as the baby kicked me again and made me gasp. Greg came over and put his hand over the spot and she graced him with a wallop too and he felt her from the outside. It was amazing! I have felt her squirreling around in there for a couple weeks but that is more general movement while this was a very strong sensation in just one place. I got 4 kicks and then she was apparently in a more comfortable position and has been quiet since. It was pretty cool especially for Greg who doesn't get to feel any of the other stuff. She kicked me right here! I am sure in a few months I will be begging her to stop kicking me but right now it was a very special experience.

2 comments:

Diane Howard said...

Yipee! I'm so sorry I can't be closer to share in the neat times like this. Praise God for baby girls (and sweet boys, too). Have a great week.

Kate said...

You look adorable...