Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Rediscovering the Public Library

In our new apartment Greg and I are just 2 blocks away from the Sunnyside Branch of the Queens Public Library. It is a REALLY small branch but we poked our heads in the other day and we were impressed with the selection of books and DVDs. We didn't have a library near our house in the Bronx so we never went. I had actually cut up my Queens library card when I left Astoria 5 years ago. I guess I never expected to return! We have had to go through the process of having our cards re-issued. Fortunately our accounts were still active so a $2 fee was all it took to get new cards. We picked up a couple Las Vegas books while we were there. Now we will win big for sure! I love that we live near the library again!

1 comments:

Diane Howard said...

So what was the final tally on the "big win"? Did the books pay off. What great sights did you see. How was Paris and New York?