Saturday, September 08, 2007

Nutty Pot

With all my sinus trouble I had to resort to using a Neti Pot to help clean and reduce the swelling in my sinuses. You fill the little pot with saline (water + non-iodonized salt in the little bag) then you put the spout in one nostral and tip your head until the water runs out the other nostril. Sounds a little crazy I know, hence the reason my friend Karen calls it my Nutty Pot, but it works. It is an easy, inexpensive, drug-free way to get sinus relief. You can learn more about it and its origins here. I also found this picture online and it cracked me up! Enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How did you ever learn about this product? Did the doctor suggest it? It looks like a teapot of some sort. But great that it works!

Anonymous said...

hey, whatever works! I've used some crazy schemes for my health ailments and must say they were more effective than any meds docs would prescribe. I think older times there were more sensible, healthier and not to mention creative solutions. Hope this works! I know sinuses can be so unbearable but hang in there sista!