Saturday, August 30, 2008

Craft club!

Just got home from craft club and we all had a great time. Monica was kind enough to open up her home to us and Peh provided wonderful sweets to munch on (after a great lunch from Alice of course). We had about 4 hours of bracelet making followed by a quick magnet making workshop with Alice. Everyone did a great job and caught on to the jewelry techniques really quickly.

From left to right: Maureen, Sarah, Rachel, Marcela, Peh and Connie.

Alice made a red bracelet of course!

Here are Monica (green) and Sandy's creations (blue/gray)

And some cute earrings that were made. Other earrings by Rachel and Marcela were also to die for.

And here are the super cute magnets I made. Alice had lots of cute papers to choose from so everyone's were different. I can't wait for the next craft club!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pass the magnet directions on. They are CUTE! I love all the bracelets. The gals did a fabulous job of combining the different beads. Honestly when I was putting all those beads in the box, I wondered what in the world could they be made into. Well... great bracelets -- of course!!

Anonymous said...

Alexis! I can't thank you enough for sharing your talent, time, and love for crafts! :) You rock! I haven't stopped talking about the fun jewelry craft day - and blogged about it! :)

Alexis' mom, here's the site for the magnet directions: http://www.marthastewart.com/decorative-magnets?lnc=1a89cf380e1dd010VgnVCM1000005b09a00aRCRD&rsc=cf_link
Glad you're interested and hope you're well :)

Anonymous said...

me again -- tried to paste the link to magnet directions and it was truncated. search for "decorative magnet" on Martha Stewart's website.

peh said...

Thanks for organizing such wonderful activities! Definitely made up for lost time. Hope to see you all again soon.

Anonymous said...

Alexis, Thanks for sharing your new craft! Love the bracelet -my husband was impressed! You're a great teacher. And thanks to Greg's mom for sharing wonderful beads with us.