Greg and I waited about an hour to vote at our polling station this morning. It can be discouraging for people when they see the lines but don't give up. Get to know your neighbors as you stand in line!
In NY we still use voting machines. Here are some machines waiting to be set up last Sunday at Hunter College where our church meets.

I love that they have an American flag on the side of each one.And here is the line this morning for district 73.
We have a huge co-op building with 700 apartments just a block from our house and wouldn't you know, we are all in the same district! So that was the reason for our long line. I had to get a shot in the booth for my scrapbook!
They say the voting machines are the worst in terms of errors and problems but they are so "old school" it is actually kind of cool to use them. They make such cool sounds as you push the lever to the side, flip the knobs for your votes, and then push the lever back in order to COUNT your votes. Plus you get to stand inside behind the curtain all private like. Anyway, get to the polls or make sure you mail your ballots in!
4 comments:
Go Alexis! :) Thanks for the election tour! I have yet to exercise my right today! Question: why is there two listings of the same candidate? Am I missing something?
Alice
Candidates can align themselves with multiple parties. Apparently McCain is also running under the Independence Party.
Another wonderful aspect of election day is that all those political ads will STOP! It doesn't matter who you support, it'll be good to have them all stop especially the state races. They have been just nasty and full of half truths -- BOTH SIDES.
thanks for the info! I thought I was seeing double but good to know it's not my aging self :) I have yet to embrace the crowd...
now onto crazy topics, how are your new red heels? :) I still can't get over the bargain price!
Post a Comment