Wednesday, April 22, 2009

In-Law Visit #1

My Mother and Father in law (MIL and FIL) were in town for a long weekend recently. They come roughly once a year so we are always hard pressed to think of new things for them to do but Greg and I really put our heads together and came up with an itinerary that was both fun and at their speed.

Friday: Bead shopping, Macy's Flower Show, and lunch at Otto.

I am lucky that my MIL is way into jewelry making and I have found a solid 2 blocks of bead and jewelry making supply stores. On Friday we rode the bus into the city and went to several of the stores. I of course found lots of things I needed too (mostly earring wires).

The bead stores are right near Macy's in Harold Square and by total coincidence the Flower Show was going on so we swang in to check it out. This visit to Macy's was great. It was the least crowded and crazy it has ever been while I was there. We were able to fairly easily manouver around the ground floor looking at all the different "gardens". It is pretty impressive to see. The whole time I walked around reminding myself that those are real plants....indoors! Then to make it a truly awesome day I found a Nine West, green patten leather bag in the clearance bin. I thought it was going to be $60 and trust me it was worth it, but when she rang it up the price was $26!!!! I was in heaven.

Lastly we headed down to my work 'hood for lunch at Otto. I thought they may enjoy a little upscale Italian food at one of Mario Batali's restaurants. They love the Today Show and he is always cooking on it. Well I am not sure they loved the pizza and pasta but we convinced them to stay for gelato and I think that won them over! It was wonderful long lunch.

1 comments:

Diane Howard said...

Wow! What a fabulous day. It sounds like it was fun. How come there is not a picture of the bag?