Saturday, May 09, 2009

More floating heads

I think I have found my decorating niche. We had another going away party for a co-worker who has graduated with his Master's and is moving into industry. He took a job at Bloomberg as a programmer. I found a photo of Mike Bloomberg (our Mayor) and cut out his head and made a cake topper out of it. Jonathan really liked it. Jonathan is a lot of fun to have around as well as a hard worker. We are going to miss him and his quircky personality a great deal. My least favorite part of working in academia is the high turnover. We will have lost 5 great employees by the end of the summer. It is very sad for me since we have had such a good team over the last couple years, but I am excited for them all and the next steps in their careers.

1 comments:

Diane Howard said...

I like the cake topper. It makes me hungry for that terrible icing that I love so much!!