Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

Almost 33 years ago Diane Virginia Howard became a mother. Here she is with a 6 week old Baby Lexie (ME!). And a few years later she became a mother again, and my poor dad was outnumbered 3 to 1. Here we are getting ready to leave for church in our shawls. In this cute photo we were all sick with a cold so mom spread out blankets in the backyard so we could lay out and watch dad work in the garden (I love this funny picture, especially baby Rachel!).

I love you mom! Thank you for being such an awesome and fun mom! Happy Mother's Day!!

2 comments:

Tiffani P said...

I had no idea that you looked so much like your mom!

Thanks for your post today, Alexis, I'm inspired to do the same... as soon as I get my exams finished! :)

Tif

Diane Howard said...

I remember that day vividly. It was such a pretty day out and we were miserable. Dad was building that raised bed for flowers and vegetables. I bet it's not there anymore. The wood was all solid oak from wood pallets.