Monday, November 16, 2009

Week 28

These photos are getting tough as the temp drops! We tend to shoot and run back inside where it is warm and then hope we got a good shot. I really wish we had better lighting in the house (and a better backdrop outside the house!). Here we are finishing our 28th week. 7 months! Can't believe that. I have almost 3 to go and can't imagine getting bigger and more cumbersome but I know I will. I am actually starting to grow out of some of my clothes already and will have to do a little more shopping soon. The thought of shopping used to excite me but when you know that you will only wear something for a couple months and that you will have to pay full price because there are never sales on maternity clothes it steals some of the shopping joy. Oh well.

Baby Koobie is doing well. She is moving around all the time and kicking me regularly. I talked with our birth instructor about when she should turn around since I have been paranoid about this and learned that it is a little early to begin worrying or doing exercises to encourage her so I have stopped my obsessing. I am having some blood work done this week in relation to my having an rh- blood type so please be praying that there has been no sensitivity to my baby (if she is rh +). There is not a lot of danger to her but if I develop a sensitivity then it would make a subsequent pregnancy more dangerous and it would prevent me from using the birth center at Roosevelt which is where we would like to go this time around. I am not really worried about it since the possibility is really rare but a little prayer is never a bad thing.

We are looking forward to the Thanksgiving holiday next week. Both Greg and I get a 4 day weekend and have lots of fun planned. We are doing a movie and dinner for the holiday, sort of a tradition over the past few years and our last chance probably once Koobie comes. The restaurant we like doesn't usually have kids in it for dinner! Then we will be decorating the house for Christmas which I always love as well as some researching of baby stuff that we have been putting off. I would also like to do some baking. So much fun stuff on the horizon. I hope you all have a great week!

Oops! Almost forgot my waffle update. As I have mentioned before we have settled on a favorite plain waffle recipe. One of the ingredients called for in the recipe is Barley Malt Syrup for the sugar. I didn't have any before so we substituted agave nectar (you can use maple syrup too but I think that has too distinct of a flavor). Anyway, I picked up some barley malt syrup during my last trip to the grocery store and we decided to give it a try. WOW! What a difference. They are EVEN BETTER than before. I was a little skeptical becuase I didn't like the way the batter smelled so much like the syrup but once cooked up the waffles have a subtle malted flavor. They were so good. Soft on the inside and crispy on the outside. I was going to take a photo of them coming hot off the grill Saturday morning but my battery died so this photo is from Sunday morning when we reheated the 2.5 frozen waffles in the toaster oven and enjoyed them as a quick breakfast. I love how well waffles reheat in the toaster oven. I wish we had made more of these but the recipe only made 7. Greg likes his with a little melted Earth Balance and Maple Syrup (bottom plate) and I of course prefer the melted "butter" with powdered sugar and a little fat-free whip (top plate). We are still loving Waffle Winter!

2 comments:

Diane Howard said...

What a cute dress! Are you wearing more dresses in your new job? I'm loving waffle winter, too. Too bad I'm not EATING any of them. I plan to get the new iron soon. I'm not sure when my schedule will lighten up enough for me to get to Southcenter. Love you!

Kate said...

Wish I could see your pregnant self in person, but still love seeing the pictures! Love you!