Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Week 29

TGITuesday! Because it is actually Thursday! We were a little late with our photo this week mainly because it gets dark so darn early. Usually we would snap the photo on the way to church on Sunday evenings at about 5:30pm but wouldn't you know, now it is dark by then and I forget to do it earlier (plus I am usually not so cute earlier in the day when lounging around on a Sunday). This week it worked out though because I stopped in at Macy's yesterday to buy a Christmas gift and found this outfit on sale at Pea in the Pod. I even had an old gift certificate in my wallet so it was FREE! Gotta love that. Feeling really cute in my new pants and top which is a nice change from yesterday where my pants were way too tight and I felt like a house. Greg was teasing me this morning because I kept saying "I love my new pants!" at weird moments.

Thanks for your prayers last week about my blood test. As expected everything is fine and I got my shot with no adverse effects. Koobie is getting to that size where I feel her every move and she loves to shift around all through the day to remind me that she is there and has an opinion about what I should be doing, sitting, wearing, etc. I thought when I got married that my life was not really my own anymore since I was now "one flesh" with my husband but truly now that concept it even more true. There is a little person growing in there and even when she comes out every decision I make will take on new meaning. I am already scolding Greg for things and saying, "you shouldn't do that, you are a father now. Think of your daughter!". Scary!!

I have some startling news. Last weekend we did not make waffles! I know what you are thinking "have you abandoned waffle winter already?". No way. I got a new recipe for quick and easy biscuits so we decided to make biscuits and gravy on Sunday instead of waffles. Greg threw together the vegetarian sausage gravy while I made the biscuits. His gravy turned out very good but unfortunately the biscuits were a disappointment. The recipe called for instant yeast but I only had rapid rise and now I think maybe those are not the same thing because my biscuits did not rise big and fluffy like they were supposed to. They tasted OK but were much too dense. We will be back to waffles this weekend for sure!

My goal this week is to complete all my Christmas shopping before Thanksgiving. I know you are wondering why I don't want to wait and take advantage of all the post Thanksgiving sales. Well 1.) I hate crowds 2.) the things on my list are not included in all those door buster deals 3.) I don't want to spend my precious days off dealing with #1 4.) I want to wrap all my gifts and prep them to ship over the weekend so I can cross that off my list. I did about 50% of my shopping in late October early November via the internet and now am just picking up a few odds and ends around town which so far I have been able to do after work on my way home each night. Yesterday it was Macy's and today Grand Central. Yesterday I even found myself humming Silver Bells so I think I am getting into the holiday spirit already.

But before jumping ahead to Christmas it is Thanksgiving week and there is so much to be thankful for (besides new pants!). I am so thankful for Greg who is such an amazing support to me and a gem of a husband. I am so thankful for a healthy happy growing baby, an immediate family in good health, and a plethora of caring and wonderful friends. My challenging job and home are also huge blessings at this point in the economy. I am blessed in so many ways and am trying to take extra time this week to reflect and give thanks to God for them all. I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend!

1 comments:

Diane Howard said...

Gotta love new pants! You look so CUTE and PREGNANT. I am not going out to Black Friday like I have in the past. I'll hit the sock sale (can't abandon that tradition) but that's about it.
I watched an episode on drop biscuits on America's Test Kitchen and one of the secrets to good biscuits is a very hot oven. Their recipe did not call for yeast however. It was the baking soda and baking powder kind. Love you.