Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Week 30

Week 30! It feels like the home stretch with just 10 weeks to go. We had a very nice 4 day weekend. Our Thanksgiving was quiet consisting of calls home to the family, a cheesy teen movie, a yummy vegan dinner, and decorating the house for Christmas. We watched the Lord of the Rings trilogy over the course of the weekend while we worked which was fun. Those movies remind me of Christmas because they were always released around the holidays. We had friends over for dinner on Friday which was really nice. We used the weekend to get a jump start on Christmas so I can focus on my class final over the next two weeks. The gifts are purchased, wrapped and in some cases packed for shipping. That feels really good. We have some general ideas for a Christmas card (Greg is helping me this year which is fun) and need to plan a photo shoot for that. We made a few additions to the home decor this year which I will have to share later because it looks like Greg took them off the camera.

We ate lots of yummy food over the weekend. We are both so busy during the week that it seems we don't get a chance to cook much so when we have a little time we really enjoy getting into the kitchen together and whipping up great meals. We of course had waffles one day for breakfast (our favorite Chelsea/Plain waffles) and then leftovers over the weekend. I made a crustless Pumpkin pie that was delicious. Couldn't pass up the pie just because we didn't cook our own Thanksgiving dinner! I found some really nice brioche rolls at the grocery store on Friday so we enjoyed "chicken" burgers a couple days for lunch which were really good. And then on Sunday night I made "beef" stroganoff. Lots of delicious comfort food. I hope everyone had a nice holiday weekend.

1 comments:

Diane Howard said...

Hi! For some reason it looks to me like you are "carrying" lower this week. Might just be an optical illusion with your hand placement. What is surrounding the chicken patty on your chicken burgers? Is it cheese? Looks yummy. I need to get back to a stricter vegetarian diet. I think it would make me feel better. Love you and miss you so much!!!