Hello due date. Good-bye due date! We are officially overdue today. It is funny because we really want the baby to be born but each day we have been saying "but not today because...." there is a meeting, a deadline, the birth center is having the floors redone and is closed and most recently there is a blizzard coming. We got about 8 inches of snow over the weekend at our house and certainly didn't want to try to navigate our way to the hospital in that kind of weather. So now we find ourselves overdue. At my regular appointment yesterday we talked about some ways to try and induce labor at home. Poor Koobie, first she got her head frozen for being breech and now we are going to torture her some more with long walks, special oils, and laxatives to try to encourage her to be born! She really is going to hate us when she finally pops out!
I have definitely turned that corner from being happy to have her stay inside forever and saying things like "I will miss this bump of mine when it is gone" to my new state of being ready to have this baby outside of me so I can have my regular body back, sleep on my stomach and wear regular clothes again (I miss shopping for me!). It is just getting so tough to get around and find positions to be comfortable in. For instance I have been working all the way up until today but decided yesterday that baby or no baby I would not be in next week. It is just too hard commuting each morning on crowded trains and multiple flights of stairs. Plus I am at the point where I am so pregnant it makes people at work nervous. That being said we are really hoping and praying that she and my body decide to work together this weekend to be born. I found out my favorite midwife in the group is on call on Sunday which would be great. Plus that is Valentine's day and so many people have been hoping for a valentine's baby.
So I leave you with this fun comparison. Here was my view looking down at 34 weeks.
And here is my new view at 40 weeks. Still can't see my shoes or much else!
2 comments:
Alexis!!! I keep checking your blog to see if any baby news. I was thinking of you during the snowstorm, wondering if you had to venture out in that storm for baby delivery! Hats off to you to work till end of this week. Those subway stairs are tough as is, let along 9months pregnant. Rest up, watch your favorite shows while you wait for baby!
Wow! That is SOME bump. You look fabulous though!!! I'm waiting with baited breath... Love you.
Post a Comment