Thursday, August 31, 2006

Our baby!

We are pleased to announce a new addition to the Cruikshank household. Meet Rosie!

We decided after much deliberation and planning to purchase this little washer/drier combo. That's right, she washes and dries all in the same machine.

Now for you non-New Yorkers I know you are wondering why on earth I would even care to post this. BUT having a washer of your own is UNHEARD of in this city. I recently read a New York Times article about how washing machines are a great equalizer. Neither the rich nor the poor have laundry capabilities in their homes. It just doesn't happen. Well one of the perks of living so far up in the Bronx is that out apartment has always had washing machine hook-ups in the kitchen. Our lease has a clause that doesn't allow driers but Rosie here doesn't work like a regular drier and requires no special pluming, venting, or an additional outlet (none of which we have). So she was allowed in.

I am on my 5th load (we had quite the back up of laundry and she doesn't hold very much) and I am loving her. Welcome Rosie!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome Rosie Cruikshank! Wish I had one too.

Anonymous said...

How exciting! We've been saving up with hopes of getting one. Cannot wait to hear more about Rose!

Anonymous said...

Nice to meet you Rosie! So tell me, how do you manage to multi-task these days and still have a cute appearance? congrats alexis + greg on your new addition! here's to many loads of laundry!

Anonymous said...

I would be just as excited. She is very cute to boot. I think she has your chin :)