Friday, August 04, 2006

Relief

The heat finally broke today and we are enjoying temps in the low 90s and much less humidity. Still pretty darn hot but so much more tolerable. Work was a lot quieter today and I was able to catch up on all my normal work. We have plans this weekend to visit with some friends we haven't seen in ages and will even be taking in a movie IN A THEATER. Something we don't often do. So here are some pictures from our trip. Nothing amazing mind you!
Greg jumped a fence to get this shot on Martha's Vineyard in Edgartown. Such a rebel!


Here I am at American Stonehenge in New Hampshire. That face is the one you get when you say to me "go and climb inside that little cave". Are you joking!?! I was a little overheated and tired by this point in the day so I wasn't amused by Greg's request.

A problem we faced on this trip was that we didn't end up with a single photo with both of us in it. I'm definitly one of those people who doesn't want to stop strangers on the street and beg them to photograph us but there really weren't any of those kinds of opportunities. If you have been following my scrapbooking on this blog you know that I end each album with a page about our anniversary complete with a photo and since our anniversary occurred on this trip I had hoped to get a cute photo of us after 5 years of marriage. So when we got home I forced Greg into a home photo session. I pulled out that piece of black velvet I bought at Christmas and we tried our best at an artsy portrait. It is a little off since we were using a tripod and a timer but I still like it a lot. Happy Anniversary darling!

Have a great weekend everyone!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun and awesome trip! :) Cool pics - adorable one at the end! And LOVE your new profile pic! Happy Anniversary!

Tiffani P said...

I love the pic!!
Tiff

Anonymous said...

This is one of my favorite pictures of you both!!! Glad to hear that things have settled down. I got two walls in the family room painted this week-end. I went and sat on couches in three stores yesterday and the Crate & Barrel selection is by FAR the best. Just have to find a time to get dad in to sit on some. My sermon at Westmatch church went great. I talked about our value as imagebearers of God which is validated by the work of Christ on the cross and how we can DO nothing to EARN our imagebearing or salvation. It's just an awesome thing that God has done which brings HIM great glory. Love you, have a great week!