Monday, August 07, 2006

Scrapbook Update

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. We enjoyed much cooler weather and I had some time to do a little scrapbooking. I am now only 8 layouts away from meeting my 2006 goal. I can't express how excited I am about that. Space is clearing up in my scrapbook area where boxes of photos used to be and it feels so good. Here are the layouts I did this week. I have been changing the way I scrapbook in that at times along the way I will just glue things down instead of agonizing over them and rearranging for hours. Sometimes it works great and other times I regret doing it but I move ahead anyway. This was one of those times. I started sticking down stickers and putting in brads and then decided I hated the way it looked. But I moved on anyway. I ended up added some paint to this layout (I am now loving paint!) and I think it redeemed it a little but this is still not one of my favorite layouts. I am slowly learning to let go of my perfectionism and just live and learn.
This layout features a baby shower I attended for my friend and recent blog reader, Susan Glassmoyer. I had a ton of photos of her opening each gift and a few not so great crowd shots. So I picked the best of the present shots and cut out individual heads from the group shots. I added the photos from her birth announcement to complete the story. Greg agreed that this layout used the pictures really well considering the limitations. I used some Ghost Letters from Heide Swapp but I painted the back of letters with peach paint to coordinate with the paper. I am loving paint right now. It is such an easy way to add color. I just have to be careful not to go buying a million tubes of it.

This was a quicky of a bachelorette party we had at work (or with work people I should say). Super simple and using KI paper which I have tons of. No real embellishments except letter stickers.

I received notice that my new August kit will be shipping soon. I still have old kit stuff to use so I had better get busy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE these layouts!!! Alexis, I so enjoy reading your blog - I check it like clockwork daily! See you tomorrow at LaGuardia! woohoo! :)

Anonymous said...

I love them too. Have a fun and safe trip to headquarters. We love you!