Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Super Nanny Alexis!


While my friend Karen is away on vacation I have been feeding her cats twice a day for the past few days. The only way to get them to hold still for a photo was to feed them. I have been calling them "Fat Buster and Mini Meow". If you know Austin Powers you will get it. The older cat is Buster and he is a little, well how should I put it....big boned. And then there is the new kitten Margarita. They look like twins but Margarita is from totally different stock.

This morning I went to feed them and I poured out their water and went to refill the bowls but there was no water coming from the faucet! I forgot that Karen got a note on Sunday that the water was going to be shut off for a day. I couldn't leave them with no water so the kitties are drinking Evian today. It's all I could find besides Diet Coke and OJ. For one day they can live the high life!

In the evenings I play with them a little.
Mini Meow is easily entertained. Greg came with me over the weekend and found this elastic ball thing to hang from the door. She loves it and it keeps her entertained for a while.


This is the extent of Buster playing. Mostly he flops his big belly out on the coffee table and lets me brush him. He is a real sweetie.

Occasionally I think about getting a cat. I am really allergic but we aren't allowed to have a dog in our building but cats are ok (so unfair I know!). Cat sitting has cured me of the desire. Cleaning out the litter box and dishing up the nasty smelling wet food is a little much for me. Oh and did I mention that Buster vomits if he eats too fast. Yeah, that was fun to clean-up too. I will just settle for visiting them when I hang out with Karen.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

As though sneezing and itching eyes weren't enough reason! Ha Ha