Friday, November 03, 2006

Friday and I'm wired

Sorry I have been MIA. Things have been CRAZY in the Cruikshank house. Greg had a quiz last week at school and then yesterday a mid-term (he thinks he did fairly well) so he has been studying like a madman. I caught this photo of him this morning on his way to work. He stopped to pull in the garbage cans.
As for me, in addition to my job and BSF responsibilities I have been up to my eyeballs in projects. I worked on my Christmas cards a little more. I am also WAY behind on my knitting commitment for Hope For New York. I still own them 3 hats for the homeless so I started knitting 1 a couple days ago.
Then a last minute jumbo project came up. Suzan and Alice have been helping me on it but it will probably entail a late night tonight to finish up for Saturday. The photo is of my planning sheets! More on that later.

In addition to all the other excitement I have been having some strange sensations in my chest for the past 3 weeks. I have seen a couple doctors who have assured me that my heart is happy and healthy and that I am suffering from benign arrhythmia's (which they say have never killed anyone). To be on the safe side I had an echo cardiogram and I was hooked up to a portable heart monitor yesterday to see if they could catch some of my palpitations in action. Of course once they put this thing on me the palpitations stopped! I am convinced that if you have a problem and you want to be cured, see a doctor. Not because the Dr. will diagnose and treat you but because the sheer act of seeing the doctor will scare away your problem. You will of course look like some kind of lunatic/hypochondriac but at least your problem will disappear. I am getting this heart monitor off in 3 hours and I can't wait. It was hard to sleep in and prevents me from showering! Greg of course finds it ultra sexy! Just kidding. In fact I think he is tired of me including my heart monitor in conversations like:

"Are you hungry? My heart monitor and I made soup for dinner"
"Can you get me a glass of water? Remember I am on a heart monitor"
"Me and the heart monitor are going to bed now"
"Get your cold feet away from me, my heart monitor doesn't like that!"


Have a great weekend everyone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you look cute! Leave your hair long!

Anonymous said...

Well, you're not the 6 million dollar woman, but probably $1,295.
Glad to hear that you are feeling less anxious now. Mom