
Last Saturday I attended a surprise party for my friend Shelly. Alice, Suzan, and I went to great lengths to make sure that Shelly would always remember her 30th Birthday and it worked. She was really surprised! It was a really great party all around and people have been talking about it all week.

My job for the party planning was to solicit Shelly's friends and family for funny "Shelly" memories and photos. If you know her you know that crazy things happen to this girl all the time. People sent me really great stories and I fashioned them into this memory album. I really only had 1 day to physically make it because the supplies I ordered online took a little longer to reach me than I thought but I am still very happy with how it turned out. Suzan was kind enough to photograph the pages for me (since I was so sleep deprived I forgot!) so that I can show you just a few of the pages here.
I broke up all the memories into 30 Shelly characteristics. Then I tried to include photos that went with the theme.Now for the scrapbook details: I found this really cute Bazzill Basics album that was 6 x 12 inches. It ended up being the perfect size. Just enough room for a 4x6 photo, journalling, and embellishments. I had originally wanted to do a 6x6 but couldn't find the album I wanted. Now that I think about it I would have been really limited on space if I had done that.

The patterned paper is all American Crafts and it is so yummy, I love it. I used 3 fonts throughout the book to make the different memories on each page distinct (one was 2peas little lady bug, thanks Kate!). Each page had an embossed circle with a number (punched with my Quikutz). I also punched photo corners with my Quikutz (thanks mom!). Each characteristic was a tag held on by a brad and then there were a few extra embellishments. Mostly flowers and rhinestones.

I love scrapbooking and making theme albums especially. I also love making books for other people but it is so hard to let them go sometimes. This was one of those books and it wasn't even about me! But I loved it and hope Shelly loved it too.
This weekend I also finalized my Christmas card and wrote the little newsletter for this year. Now I just need the photo and I am done. I love being ahead of schedule!

1 comments:
This book was a true work of art!!! Alexis, thanks for putting this awesome book together (not to mention in amazing short amount of time) and sharing your great creative, talents with us! This book made me want to turn 30 all over again! :) You gotta love the 30s!
Post a Comment