Thursday, June 07, 2007

Thursday

The apartment we saw last night was not for us. It was next to the Hell's Gate Bridge and much too small. It was a convertible 2 but they were calling it a 2 bedroom apartment. I hate that! Anyway, the hunt continues.
Another thing we did last weekend was visit this:
It is a modular home that was built during a design contest. Designed to be used in Africa. I don't know much about it (the boys, Greg and John were more into it than I) except that it is being auctioned off at Christie's and it is set up here in Queens for public viewing. The architect is pretty famous. Maybe Greg will enlighten us in comments. It was rainy when we went but it was interesting to see. I think this home is bigger than my apartment! You can see some of the restoration when you look at the support leg in the foreground compared to its partner.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

it is by architect and designer
Jean Prouvé