Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Card Making

I couldn't sleep last night so I tip toed away to my office/studio to pass some time. Can I just stop and say how nice it is to be able to close a couple doors and not have to worry about disturbing Greg with light or sound? Not possible in the Bronx since we had no real bedroom wall.

Anyway, the studio is still a mess and I am still searching for the perfect new containers for my shelving system but in the meantime I decided to make a few cards. I purchased a card making kit from Lisa Bearnson during the move and had put together a few already (it was her kit of the month in July). I pulled the box off the shelf and assembled a few more. Not really very creative since the cards are pre-designed but still got my juices flowing and was a great project for late night crafting. Here are the cards that I have finished so far. Keep in mind they are all in triplicate.
I have to say this kit was not as good as the Becky Higgins/Lisa Bearnson kit from a few years back. This one has too much "chipboard" which is the new snazzy way of saying all the pieces are cardboard. But the designs are cute. I just wish it was a little more mixed media.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope I get one now and then.