Saturday, August 11, 2007

Cruikshank Cartoons

You probably have all seen this already but if you go to the Simpson's Movie website they have an avatar maker where you can make yourself into a Simpson's character. Well, as best you can with the options they give you. We haven't seen the movie but probably will rent it at some point. Anyway, Greg and I played around with the avatar maker yesterday and this is what we came up with. I made Greg and he made me. I think the cartoon of him is spot on. Mine is probably a little more glamorous than I am in real life. Still fun!

I made it to work with no problems yesterday and managed to get a lot done. I was going to start my vacation on Monday but I ran into some grant problems at the last minute so I will have to work on Monday in order to get them fixed before I can take off. Hopefully it will all work out OK. It always seems that I put in a ton of overtime just so I can get away for a vacation to the point that I don't actually get any real "time" off. I will need to work on that this fall.

Greg did end up having to go into work yesterday to help get the freezers hooked up to back-up power. The fire occurred where the city power hooks up to the college. Someone caught the fire on video and put it up on YouTube. You can watch it here. No wonder they lost power, it is pretty nasty. You can hear the electricity surging and crackling and the building where they shot it is pretty far away (student housing tower). Last time the fire was in the basement, this time the flames were right by the main entrance. Pretty serious stuff.

The weather here is great right now. The rain on Friday brought a break from the humidity and cool temps so we will probably try and get outside a little. Hope you all have a nice weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute couple!

Anonymous said...

Just watched the Utube footage. NO KIDDDING that looked serious! Hope the city does something about this or the school. Next time it could take out the whole building. Hope everything worked out okay in his lab.