Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Easy Christmas Decor Project

I finished putting these cuties together last night while Greg was working on mixed tapes (I mean CDs). This is a REALLY simple project. I originally saw it in the current Making Memories Christmas idea book as a way to use up scrapbook paper. Well you don't need to be a scrapbooker to make these.
The supplies you need are simple:

  • Foam tree forms. I got mine at Michael's for a couple bucks each.
  • Paper cut into 1"x4" strips. I used my wrapping paper for this year, super cheap from IKEA.
  • T-shaped pins. I got these at Michael's too. They help hold the paper flush to the foam form but honestly I ran out right at the end of tree #2 and regular pins worked fine too.
You loop the paper strip in half and then pin it to the tree form. Overlap and alternate colors (if using more than 1) all the way to the top. At the top I wrapped paper into a little circle and pinned it town to cover the layer below and I topped my trees with gnomes. My theme this year in my gift wrap is gnomes and these guys are my gift tags I picked up at IKEA.

I am keeping these in my craft room/office. I have a tree of some kind in every room of the house. I am also thinking of making a wreath the same way for the craft room door.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute! Take pictures of the whole house decorated, so I can see.