My grant went in just fine on Monday and my boss was so pleased she gave me the rest of the week off for rest and relaxation. I have been puttering around the house for the last few days and managed to complete a few projects. I had hoped to do a lot more but unfortunately we lost heat on Wednesday (it just came back in the last hour) so the frigid temps in the house made it really hard for me to be productive. I spent most of today in bed napping with a scarf and hat on! Here are some of my projects:


Managed to get the utility closet organized thanks to a big rolling Sterilite container from Target. I forgot to take a before picture of this. It was so bad we had to climb over stuff to dig out tools and paper towels. It is so much more user friendly now. In fact the landlord asked if I had a mini screwdriver and I was able to find them in no time since they now have a permanent place to reside in a drawer and not in the bottom of a bin covered in other tools.

Next, I found a purpose for our little third room! If Tori Spelling and my sister can do it, why not me too. I made it into a wrapping paper room for the holidays. I used it to wrap our angel tree gifts today.



I purchased some bins to organize the office closet. I used these labels to mark the bins and added a little black and white paper to coordinate with the curtain. Turned out so cute!

Lastly I received my extra paper trays in the mail and set them up. Not super impressive photos but I am glad to have more paper storage.

I also did some cleaning, bought paint and hardware for the bedroom, and took some much needed walks. I also had a very nice lunch with my buddy Alice followed by craft store shopping. I bought some stuff for a fun Christmas project. But first I need to work on Thanksgiving!
0 comments:
Post a Comment