Thursday, April 24, 2008

More additions

Last weekend when our new couch was delivered we agonized about what to do with our old couch. It was pretty old and beat up but not horrible. Some friends had planned to take it and then backed out at the last minute. We decided to put it out on the street on Saturday with a sign that said "free to a good home" and figured if no one wanted it the garbage men would take it on Monday. Well, the sign was up for about 5 min when a couple walked by and stopped to sit on it and decided to take it home! I was so glad. I hated to see it just go to the dump. Well that got our downstairs neighbors thinking and they started cleaning stuff out and putting it out on the fence to give away. We joined in and put some more stuff out (little things) too. It was sort of an impromptu stoop sale/giveaway. Then the neighborhood kids came by and we chatted with them and with people stopping to look at our stuff. Then the landlords showed up to deliver some planters for our front yard area. It was a nice way to spend a sunny day hanging out outside in the hood. So a little back story, the kids who live in the basement had been collecting wood because they wanted to build planters to grow vegetables out front. I had my doubts but Greg said he would help out if they wanted. When the landlords found out about the plan they were not happy. They forbid them from building anything but after much coaxing they did agreed to supply some planters. Of course they also decided what to plant in them leaving very little room for anything else. I find the whole thing funny but I think the boys were disappointed. The wood in the photo is some of the collected wood. You can see why the landlords were afraid of what might be built. This last photo is of our 3rd air conditioner. We are living the high life now! The basement kids were selling it dirt cheap so Greg and I picked it up to put in the office. This way when my mom visits this summer she can sleep comfortably! Don't mind the mess, you can see I have very little time for crafts these days!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will the planters survive? Around here in quiet, safe suburbia I've had planters taken right off the front step! They look nice. I really love your Roman shade in the office. I'm looking forward to coming. With the bathroom remodel, I'm not sure when that will be. Love you!

Anonymous said...

3rd ac? how cool! if you need pointers on how to avoid birds building nests in your ac, let me know! I just found another nest in my unit - which makes me an AC/bird nest specialist!