Monday, May 26, 2008

Happy Birthday Bridge

The Brooklyn Bridge turned 125 years old last Thursday and there are summer long events to celebrate. In our almost 8 years in the city neither of us had ever walked across the Brooklyn bridge on the pedestrian walkway. Well, it was pretty crowded probably because it was a holiday. The view was really nice but you are just a few feet above the cars which are pretty noisy but it was a nice way to spend the late afternoon in the setting sun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way cool! I did see the documentary on the building of that bridge. It was an amazing accomplishment with the cost of lives as I remember. Have a great week.

Anonymous said...

coolio!! I've walked across it once to go to the jacque torres chocolate place near there -it's really an awesome bridge...like your new label/category of "city life" :)