Thursday, May 15, 2008

One down and one to go

Well I did it. The application just went in with 25 minutes to spare! Greg and I both probably have ulcers from that one. At 6:30pm tonight my mentor called me from her car to say that she thought the essay we had been working on all day was boring and that I should go with a genomes and genes angle. That was my original idea that I had abandoned because it wasn't coming together and now she wanted me to start over and incorporate it with only a few hours to work! Well i did and it turned out so much better than I expected. I didn't end up doing a scrapbook like I had wanted (no time) but I incorporated some cool illustrations to make it a little more interesting than a plain essay. My friend Suzan helped me come up with the illustration of DNA to use (above). So many people helped make this application process happen. Thanks to you all for your help and/or your prayers. I wish I could say I was done but I have one last application due on June 1st. This time I have learned my lesson and will get it done early! I am heading off to bed before midnight for the first time all week!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise God! I remember racing to the post office beating the mail by minites to spare when you were fillig out scholarship applications in high school. I'm glad to hear the next one will be earlier. More time to pray....