I just had to post a special note about the ice cream in yesterday's post! We tried this new style of non-dairy ice cream on Saturday which was AMAZING. It is made with coconut milk instead of soy milk which produces a rich and creaming and very ice cream like substance. It does have a distinct coconut flavor but I thought it was to die for. Greg hates coconut flavored sweets but he thought it was fabulous too. It has a mellow coconut flavor like you would have in a curry and not like you would find in a coconut cake or coconut filled chocolate. We had vanilla flavor with our strawberry cake but will be trying the chocolate variety next time we are at the store. If you see this at your store, give it a try!As for the toaster oven, so far so good. The kitchen seemed to stay fairly cool while the cake baked. At least cool enough that the air conditioner could keep up. I think it is a keeper (much to Greg's dismay!).
1 comments:
Love the recommendation for the ice cream. I can't find the cartons of Tofutti ice cream (only the sandwiches) anymore which was our favorite. I haven't seen this yet at the store I frequent the most, maybe Whole Foods will have it.
Post a Comment