Then the rain started and kept on going into the night. We opted for movies at home. One of which was Live Free or Die Hard. I would give this one 4 stars. It was right in line with the Die Hard series and fairly entertaining (I like Die Hard movies). We had other fun plans which we postponed till Sunday because of the rain. We hit the Renegade Craft Fair again
this year
and found lots of fun things and some good craft ideas. Then we went to PS1, which is part of MoMA, to see a show of contemporary Finnish art. I really liked this one particular exhibit which was clothing made form feathers, leaves and bark.
There were some shoes made from pussy willows that I especially liked. They were still working on the annual big outdoor installation that will be open in the evenings this summer.
Not sure yet what they are going for but it looks interesting. We had dinner in the café before heading to church.
All in all it was a great first week of summer fun.
Monday, June 16, 2008
Summer Fun
This summer Greg and I have committed to doing more fun things together around the city. We are trying to do one weeknight activity and one weekend activity. This week was our first real attempt at this new plan and it went great. We met with our small group in Bryant Park this week for a picnic dinner on Wed. I had never actually been there before (this is a popular park and sight of fashion week if you watch Project Runway or follow fashion). Then on Friday we went out to a movie. We saw You Don’t Mess with the Zohan. It was about what you would expect from an Adam Sandler movie, lots of potty humor but I barely noticed because the movie theater’s air conditioning went out. As the movie went on we got hotter and hotter and kept asking ourselves, should we stay or go. It was so distracting and uncomfortable that when the movie ended and people were literally running out of the theater to get some air we went and asked for a refund. I would say the movie was worth about $0, so we got our monies worth. I’d give it 2 stars
Labels:
City life
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
You guys look beat in the last picture. Hope the dinner was good.
Post a Comment