Friday, July 18, 2008

New Hobby

For my birthday my Mother-in-Law sent me a huge box of jewelry making supplies and beads. Jewelry making is her hobby and she thought she would share her love of playing with beads with me. She likes to experiment and learned all her skills through trial and error so she didn't send me any instructions of any kind. That isn't the way I tend to pick things up so I ran right out and bought a book to teach me the basics and give me some projects to get me started. While my mom was in town I dragged her to a bead store to pick up some supplies to make this: Here it is on me in the office. Mom got really interested in bead shopping when we went to the second bead store and she found a stone that perfectly matched the shirt she was wearing. We took it home and I made her a pendant necklace out of it. Those are some matching shell earrings too. I also made a necklace using some beads Marcia had sent me. It doesn't look like much here but it turned out cute too. I ended up making some little beads that matched that could slip onto a small hoop earring for a coordinated look. More items are in the works!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Neat! It's sure a fun new hobby to take up! :) And maybe even something we can do in craft club? :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for my necklace and earrings. Love them and you!