Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Post 5 Food!

I had to post about food! Remember the veggies I mentioned earlier? Well I did use up the spinach (among other things) in an eggless quiche and it turned out really well.
I thought I would share the recipe!
Tofu Quiche with Spinach
1 ready made pie crust baked according to pkg
1 medium onion finely chopped
4 cloves of garlic minced
1 lb. of chopped spinach cooked till just done
1 lb. extra firm tofu, drained
1/2c. soymilk
2 T. soy parmesan or nutritional yeast
1/4 t. dijon mustard
3/4 t. salt
1/4 t. ground nutmeg
1/2 t. ground red pepper
1. Cook spinach until bright green and just soft.
2. Cook onion and garlic until golden and then add spinach to heat through.
3. In a blender or food processor puree tofu, soymilk, mustard, salt, soy cheese or NY, and seasonings until smooth (I added a tablespoon of arrowroot to help thicken it!).
4. Add pureed mixture to the veggies and stir to combine.
5. Pour into the pre-cooked shell and bake at 400 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until quiche is set (half way through cooking brush with olive oil to give a nice golden brown top).
6. Allow to sit for 5 minutes before cutting. Serves 6.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the haircut! What product is this that makes hair smooth and shiny! :) do tell!

Nice hat and scarf - can you share the hat pattern? thanks! :)

Aw, what a cute pendant!

Anonymous said...

Cute pendant!

Quiche-yum yum!