Friday, March 30, 2007

Friday I'm in Love

I have the Cure song, Friday I'm in Love on my brain right now. I have been really digging the random song function on my ipod lately.

Today was another "work at home Friday". My third in a row. I didn't multi-task as much as I did last Friday (I baked cookies, did laundry, cleaned, etc in between work tasks) but I did get some grant management stuff done that is about 5 months overdue. It is a really good feeling because I finally have a handle on one grant 6 months before our next report which is when I usually go into crisis mode catching up and dealing with problems. Now I feel like I know about the problems and actually have time to fix them and prepare for the report well in advance. This is the way it is supposed to work in a perfect world. A world where I am not just reacting to problems and being bogged down with other stupid stuff. Of course I have 5 other grants to catch up on too! But I decided last week to tackle one per week and I am starting with the biggest ones (this one is a 5 million dollar grant). Progress is good. I have one work at home Friday left next week and then my boss is back in town and I have to work at work, so I am enjoying them while I can.

In preparation for my spa day tomorrow I stopped off at the local nail salon on Thursday for a Mani, Pedi, and leg wax. I know it is kind of ridiculous to do all this prep work to visit the spa, but seriously if I showed up with my gnarly toe nails and the forest of hair on my legs to this fancy pants spa I think they would turn me away! Plus I love a fresh french manicure! I stare at my fingers for days. I was going to take a photo of all my pretty nails but never got around to it. Sorry!

Have a great weekend everyone!

2 comments:

peh said...

You like the Cure? Did I ever know that? I think it's rare to find a christian who likes the Cure. Milton and I are huge Cure fans.

Your Grants Office is going to love you for getting your grants in early for sign-off! :-)

Anonymous said...

Do you have fake nails, yet? Can they do a french manicure of half chewed nails, like mine. Could you ask Eric is there is something good for hair and nails? I read that Evening Primrose Oil is good and I'm taking a capsule a day but I can't say I've seen much difference in a couple of weeks. Mom