Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Yummy Treats

On the way home from Amish Country we took a detour through Bethleham PA to visit a place called Vegan Treats. This bakery makes really yummy vegan deserts and supplies many of the restaurants in NYC with fresh vegan goodies. We thought we would swing by and sample some yummy treats at their source. They had mini versions of their cakes and treats to buy (you have to order full sized stuff in advance) so we picked out a few things to take with us. Of course they are adorable to look at but how will they taste?

I picked out a cherry cheesecake. Sorry I took the picture after a couple bites. It was creamy and delicious. I had been craving cheesecake for the whole trip so this really hit the spot.

Greg loves anything peanut butter so he chose a peanut butter bomb brownie. This had peanut butter mousse on top of a brownie overed in chocolae ganache and peanut butter drizzle. Yum! Even I liked it.

Then we got one of their specialties to take home and have a day later. Chocolate encased strawberry shortcake. We cut into is on Monday night and it was super yummy. We both wished there were more strawberries in it but it was really good.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! They look fabulous! Were they as good as the forbidden kind?