Friday, May 25, 2007

T.G.I.F.

First some updates:

Sewage Problem-Apparently ConEdison (or power company) was partly to blame for the sewage problem. This week they replaced a sewer pipe next door. Now we are just hoping they finish the job in a timely manner. Someone finally cleaned up the pool of goo in the back of the house.

Thesis- Greg is scheduled to defend his thesis next Tuesday at 2pm. He will be spending the entire holiday weekend finishing his slides and practicing. He is SOOOOOO close to being done. I am getting excited but I think he is still stressed.

Yesterday we had one last girls night out with my friend Karen who is moving to Maine today. She is 7 months pregnant so that limits the kind of fun we can have! We opted for manicures and pedicures (I threw in a leg wax too) at a salon near work. Here are some shots:
Not a day too soon. Today it is over 90 degrees and I finally broke out the capri pants and sandals. Now I have cute toes, smooth legs, and clean fingernails. I love it. It is hard to say goodbye to friends. That is the nature of the lab and of New York City. People come for a few years and then move on. But I am really excited for Karen and her new adventure. I remember how scary it was to move to New York and leave behind all my friends and family and have only my husband to rely on. It was scary but really exciting at the same time. My hope is that she fully embraces the change and makes the most of it. Of course I have to make a trip to Maine now to visit her and her new baby (and William the famous party baby!).

Do you have big weekend plans? For the holiday weekend we are hanging around the house. I have a pile of ironing to do, some housekeeping, some scrapbooking to finish, and some relaxing to do. I may coax Greg out of the house one day for a walk around the botanical garden or something outdoors. He is planning to do thesis work all weekend. Until next week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm doing laundry, spraying weeds, working on end of the year assessments, cleaning, running and decorating the cover of a scrapbook album for Liz who is retiring from teaching. Dad is going to a big match, so the house will be ALL mine.

Anonymous said...

Oh is the salon across from broadway panhandlers? I was there once for a pedi! Give my best to Karen.

I hope all the weekend plans go well, and esp the prep for Greg's thesis. Let me know how things go.

Happy Memorial Day weekend! I'm going to veg out this weekend and enjoy some R&R hours outside of new job training!