Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Scrapbook Update

Well I finally finished the theme album for my co-worker Karen who recently moved to Maine. The album has 40 single pages (20 double page layouts) so here is just a sampling to give you an idea of the design.
The title page. The whole album featured Urban Chic paper by Basic Grey, brads and paper flowers. The majority of the pages look like this. A main photo with catchy title and then a photo collage on that theme opposite. This one is about Campus life and shows photos from the building, lab and park.There were 3 layouts like this that feature people. Faces from her 6 years in the lab. We have a lot of people come through this place each year. Post-docs, techs, and lots of students.
Then in between the collage pages I would stick these layouts that feature individual people and their well wishes/sentiments for Karen.Some layouts featured parties or events. This one shows our trip to New Orleans. A bunch of us girls from work went. Other layouts show lab clean-up days, happy hours, baby showers, bachellorette parties and birthday parties. We have a lot of fun in this lab!Near the end of the album I made this layout. I raided her desk one day while she was out and pasted in a few of the items she had stuck up in her work space. The last page is this one where I listed lots of random memories of work. Just little blurbs to jog her memory and make her laugh.

Overall it was a really easy album to make. I did all the photo collages in Adobe Elements and had them printed out 8x8 at scrapbookpictures.com then just slid them in. The last shot is my planning day where I laid all the blank pages out and planned the order of everything. Now I just need to get it in the mail to Maine!







2 comments:

peh said...

That's so lovely. She must be a special friend!

Anonymous said...

Wow!