1. Decided to get a second air conditioner for the first floor but the only place it can really go is in the kitchen so it isn't great at cooling the living room. Any relief is good relief so we aren't complaining.
2. We found out there is a Fairway Market in Redhook, Brooklyn just 15 min from our house so we are super jazzed about that. (We used to shop at the Harlem Fairway and were really sad to leave it because it is such an awesome grocery store.) The Redhook local is actually bigger and better than the Harlem one. YIPPIE! The grocery stores around here just didn't carry the "health food" that we eat.
3. We celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary with a much needed nap. It was wonderful. Of course you know my rule if you have read this blog for very long. I need an anniversary photo and since we didn't do anything really photo worthy that day it means Greg will have to be subjected to a photo shoot at home! HAHAHAHAHA (maniacal laugh).
4. The trip to IKEA finally happened last night after 3 failed attempts. It was quite the ordeal clocking in at 6 hours of total trip time. We were there long after closing dealing with typical IKEA drama with missing inventory and then customer service errors. But we got the main things taken care of. I now have a bookcase, a scrapbook table, a working file cabinet, and an office chair. We also managed to pick up a bookcase for friends and it all fit in Suzan's Matrix. It was amazing what that car held in the end and still had room for more (the book case was over 6 ft long!). I will have to go back for the computer table but we are hopeful we can fit it in our car. I also found my camera cord so here is a photo of the office right now. It still needs a ton of work.
6. Greg managed to get a converter kit and hooked up our washing machine so it can run off the kitchen sink. That is a relief because otherwise we'd have to get rid of it.
7. We finally after all these years got wireless DSL at home. WOW! What were we waiting for? It is so awesome to be able to do all the surfing I do at work but at home (I am typing and uploading photos from home right now!).
8. We are planning a vacation out west in August. So Seattle readers let me know when you are free for a visit. We will be in Seattle for 5 days. (I don't want to post dates here just in case bad people read my blog.) Then we are off to Vegas for 4 days of R and R. I am not excited to put on a bathing suit but I am looking forward to some pool time. Dry heat is always better than wet heat. Trust me!
That is all I can think of right now. Our goal for August is peace and relaxation. Summer is almost over and we don't want to totally miss it!
1 comments:
Wow! You accomplished a lot in such a short time. I LOVE the second air conditioner idea. A strategic placement of a fan in the dining room should work wonders. I'll try to get the photos to you. I'm much better at making hard copies at Fred Meyer though. I want to see the bookcase of organized supplies when you get it done. Really glad you can use your washer/dryer now, too. Love ya!
Post a Comment