Monday, November 12, 2007

Painting Party

Greg hates painting. This is what I learned this weekend. I think it is genetic. I talked to my mom and she always paints alone. Then I talked to my mother-in-law and she also does all her painting alone. What is it with men and painting? Well as I mentioned before I had purchased all the stuff to paint my bedroom last week but it was too cold. Too cold for paint to dry properly and too cold for me to work. When we moved into this apartment all the rooms were painted different pastel colors. Pastels aren't my favorite but I didn't mind most of them except the bedroom and living room. The bedroom was this yucky sea foam green color and I couldn't stand it. I refused to let Greg hang pictures or anything because I was determined to change it. Well this weekend when we finally had heat I leaped at the chance to get it done. Now I don't LOVE painting because, well it is hard work. All that cutting in and mess. All the plastic and painters tape which always comes unstuck at the worst moment. And the fumes, ick. But I LOVE the finished product so I plowed ahead. I told Greg he didn't have to help but suggested he hang out and keep me company. First it was hand me this, get me that. Then it was fill the holes and take down curtain rods (after all that isn't painting right!). Well eventually he was painting too and I am very grateful because it meant getting the job done in half the time.I went with beige/tan walls below the picture rail and a blue/green/grey above. The blue color matches some curtains and pillows I bought at Target. At first I thought the colors ended up being very masculine but now that we are hanging curtains it is looking more feminine. The colors are very warm and relaxing but unfortunately we haven't been able to sleep in the room because of the fumes and have been camping out on the living room floor in sleeping bags and camp pads (the air mattress is on loan to a co-worker). Boy am I getting too old to sleep on the floor. My back is so stiff from the hard surface. As the room comes more together I will have more photos!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks good. I can't wait to see it with pictures and curtains. Did you get a new bed cover too? Love you.

Anonymous said...

I like the color! Alexis, you make painting sound like a breeze and now I wish to change my boring white colored walls...keep us posted w/ pics!