Sorry, sorry, sorry. Greg had the camera for a few days so I had no photos to post. But it is back so I can share our weekend excitement. We finally got a new couch. We have been talking about getting one for over a year. In fact we almost didn't bring our couch from the Bronx because we were definitely going to get one last summer. Well, we never seemed to have time to shop together and the places we went to we didn't agree on the couch or the color. Fast forward to April and we happened to be at a meeting for Church which was right by Macy's so we decided to swing in and see if they had anything. We stumbled on one of the only modern looking sofas they had and instantly liked it and even agreed on the color (it is deep brown).

It was delivered on Saturday so Greg and I spent the day arranging and rearranging the other
furniture in the room. We also ran out to
IKEA to get a new coffee table and a new cover for our chair so it would match.

The coffee table didn't work out but the chair cover did and it looks like they are meant to go together. Greg even got a fire in him to deal with the other purchase we had been stalled on for over a year, a new
TV. That will be delivered in a few weeks. For now I am delighted with the new couch and am already planning new curtains, wall color and pillows.
Yippie!

This last photo is for my mom to show that we moved the cabinet that was by the door into the dining room. We need more space by the door for guests to leave their shoes (they take them off even when we tell them they don't have to. I think carpet scares New Yorkers!) and we are thinking of getting a bigger TV stand for the new
TV. I just plopped it down next to the other cabinets for now.
4 comments:
Love the new couch! I think the coffee table would go if you stained it a shade darker; overall, it looks fabulous! Do I dare ask if the new tv is one of those large lcd or plasma screens that make for wonderful cinema time?!
Can't wait for you to host the next craft club!...just kidding.
love it! Looks so comfy!! enjoy! can't wait to read more about the new curtains, wall color and pillows!
I love the new look. It is all coming together. Let me know how the TV and hook-up goes. It has all scared me into just putting up with my old set, which I am dying to trade in for a thinner model. Love the arrangement.
Are those new dining room chairs?
Post a Comment