Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Applicatons

It is almost 2am and I am still up working and reworking my graduate school application. I thought I was nearly complete with all my essays and my CV, but my boss wanted to meet with me today to discuss my letter of recommendation and in the process told me she didn't like my essays the way they were written. She actually made some really good suggestions so I knew it was back to the drawing board. Then not 40min later I got a call from my other referee who said she had just looked at my CV and felt it was all wrong and needed to be completely reworked. She too made some good suggestions so I feel compelled to incorporate them. Problem is my application package is due in 3 days! And my job is as busy as it possibly could be. Toss in a late night at BSF with our last discussion group of the year and final fellowship and you have me up until 2am. I totally revamped my CV (now it is a resume) and have just updated Essay 1. Greg will proof it in the morning and then I will just be left with essay 3. It is an optional essay that can either be written or submitted in a more creative way such as a portrait or collage or anything you can imagine. I am really thinking of doing a mini scrapbook but the conversations I had today with my bosses are really making me doubt that idea. I want to show my creativity and stand out from all the boring essay writers but am worried that the project will be to hoaky or cutsie. I am praying for clarity and direction for tomorrow when I really have to pound out the design. But for now I am off to bed! I have to be to work early tomorrow to supervise a move in the morning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! Talk about stress. Praise God that you can rely on Him for your strength and direction. I'll be praying for you.

Anonymous said...

what a schedule! Pls make sure you are taking care of yourself during this high stress time - eating right and sleeping well (however much you can at least!). I hope all the applications process go smoothly - I vote for the scrapbook! I think it's original and creative. Keep us posted on what you decided on...