Thursday, June 19, 2008

This just in!

First of all, the new hair. The hot hot hot weather here prompted me to take drastic action Tuesday to cut my hair off (and get some summer highlights). I desperately wanted the hair off my neck and not just up in a pony tail for 3 months. I love the way it turned out thanks to Chie my awesome hairdresser. I took in a sort of boring photo I had found to show her the length and she totally rocked it. This the best picture I could take of myself at my desk so I hope you can get a good sense of it. I feel much more spunky with the new do.

Second of all, I received notice yesterday that I have been accepted to the Stern part-time MBA program at NYU for the fall! Of the 2 programs I applied for this was my first choice, though I didn't have high hopes that I could get in. I knew I was a good applicant but not a great applicant and it is a very competitive program. But God can work with a bad GPA, non-ivy league schools, and an alright GMAT score to accomplish his purpose! I am still very much in shock from the news. I am still waiting for my official application package to arrive with all the details I need to fulfill over the summer. This news makes it even more important for me to enjoy a relaxing summer and spend as much time with Greg as possible before the fall.

Thanks to everyone who was praying for me during my test time and through my application process. On a funny note about 5 min after I got the news from Stern I received notice from Wagner that my application was incomplete and not forwarded to the admissions committee because my UW transcript did not arrive in time. Talk about clear direction! My response "who cares, I'm going to Stern!".

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Alexis!! What great news!

peh said...

Congrats!!! Honestly, I had no doubt that you would be accepted; you're way smart and talented!

Love the cute haircut!

Anonymous said...

LOVE!!!the new do. I would love to see what your girl could do for my hair, but would feel bad if Jan, my girl, knew I went to someone else and she would know as soon as she saw my hair. Oh, well....