Thursday, March 12, 2009

15 fabulous years

Today is the 15th anniversary of Greg's and my first date. I recounted the entire story here a couple years ago. We love to celebrate this particular anniversary because it truly was the beginning of "us". Though we dated on and off for a few years during college, we have been best friends since that first date and have been a constant part of each others lives for 15 years. To commemorate our special day we.....well, went to work and tonight I have to go to class but Greg is going to meet me after for a late dinner. We are even going to try and bowl a frame or two at Bowlmore lanes just for kicks!

I dug through some old photos this morning and nearly left late because I was so caught up in old memories. I did manage to find a few gems. Here is Greg in high school over at my house with his Mazda. I just can't get over how young he looks. Here he is just 16 years old. Such a baby face and always with the silly t-shirts. This one says Wickstrom Wackers which he thought was funny because he had a math teacher named Mr. Wickstrom who he TA'd for (not the same Wickstrom as the team sponsor, hence the hilarity). This was my all time favorite photo for many years. I used to have it framed. Greg was a boy scout and avid outdoorsman when we met. He very patiently introduced me to hiking and camping and this was a taken on a day hike up to an alpine lake. So pretty and such a good memory. And lastly, a little known fact about my husband. In college Greg won a Shaggy look-a-like contest at a local mall in Bellingham! Here he is waiting for the votes to be counted. I made that scooby snack box for him to use as a prop. Not sure why that accomplishment isn't included on his resume!I love you Greg. Thanks for working up the nerve to ask me out in highschool all those years ago and for being such a fun guy! Happy Anniversary!

1 comments:

Diane Howard said...

I remember the day he asked you out too. You were so excited. I'm glad he is a part of our family.