Monday, March 23, 2009

New Spring Bag

Another project I finished during my staycation was a long time coming. Over a year ago I picked up this fun orange floral print fabric from Joann's with the intention of making it into a spring/summer bag. I was going to attempt to produce my own pattern based on another bag I had that I liked a great deal. As you can imagine, that task is rather daunting so of course the project sat unfinished for over a year.

After making a bag recently for my friend Marcela's birthday, I found the pattern to be easy and cute so I decided to make another bag this time for me using my orange fabric.

As I mentioned in the previous post about this pattern, the bag is actually reversible. I however chose to sew in some reinforced pockets instead of making it reversible. That is the best part of sewing right, making things customized for you. I happen to love having pockets to hold my cell phone, lip gloss, keys, and subway pass so that I can find them quickly and easily. I included 4 brown pockets total in this bag.I also added a little reinforced (with fusible interfacing) brown fabric to the back of the handles to give them a little more strength.I love the way this bag turned out. Even better than last time (sorry Marcela) and it really benefitted from being made out of a heavier upholstery weight fabric. I purchased this bag pattern on Etsy from the seller I Think Sew for $8. Follow the link to buy your own copy. More from Etsy starting tomorrow!

1 comments:

Diane Howard said...

You are so talented. The bag is very cool.