I had finished all my shopping for Greg's family and found out one item I had ordered for Dave wasn't going to come in time for Christmas. I sat on the couch really annoyed trying to think of another option. Just then I remembered the concert memorabilia sitting on the shelf and thought I would try and "turn it in to something" as his Christmas gift. I finished it last night.
First thing I did was get on the trusty old Internet and found lots of stock photos of the bands that played that night. I tried to find an old and new photo of each. I printed them out in 1.5 inch sizes and began putting them together on the layout. The title mimics the title that was on the program (which I am going to stick in a pocket on the back of the frame with the white piece of paper). Greg helped me come up with some journalling, I labeled all the bands, attached the ticket stubs (after spraying them with archival mist), added some ribbon and painted the edge. I feel like it could use something else but it is going to be hung in a man's office so I didn't want to go too crazy with the embellishments.I hope he likes it. I am going to swing by the frame shop today. It felt really good to scrapbook again. I am definitely going to do more of that over my Christmas break!
1 comments:
You pulled it off. I was wondering how it would turn out with so little to start with. Good job, honey.
Post a Comment