Over the Christmas break I took an on-line class through Big Picture Scrapbooking. This is a website founded by Stacey Julian who started Simple Scrapbooks Magazine. The site features online scrapbook classes. Since I don't live by a scrapbook store I had wanted to try one of their classes. Around Christmas time they had a class called "Ornamental Memories" that involved making a mini album that highlights the stories behind your favorite Christmas ornaments. This was right up my alley because I have often thought about doing a layout about my ornaments.
While in Seattle I went to a scrapbook store and bought all my supplies (the supply list was given before the class started). When I got home the classroom had opened and I was able to look at the actual project and download the instructions. I put together the basic pages after Christmas but didn't get around to taking my photos of my ornaments until the day I took my tree down in January. Then last week the photos came in the mail from scrapbookpictures.com and I was able to put them into the album (they were pre-sized and cut to 4x4) and add the journalling last weekend.
It is a pretty simple little 6x6 book using one color scheme and design but I think it turned out really cute and I have 5-6 blank layouts in the back to add to as I acquire more meaningful ornaments!
I will enjoy looking at it each year during the holidays!
1 comments:
I'm anxious to see the book, some of those ornaments are really special to me too. It was one of the few goals I set at your birth that I kept. Love you!
Post a Comment