Monday, January 29, 2007

Scrapbook Update - Baby Album

We are almost done editing the thesis so I will save that update for tomorrow. It was such a big job I didn't get any time this weekend to scrapbook so instead I will show you what I worked on the weekend before.
My friend Susan who now lives in Texas had a baby girl a couple years ago. For her baby shower I made a mini-scrapbook I like to call the "Months Album". It features layouts with blank photo mats where you can put 2 of your favorite photos each month of the baby.
Then at the end of the year you have a book that chronicals the growth of the child during his/her first year in one small cute little book.
Susan is expecting her second baby in March (Hi Susan!) and commissioned me to make another book for her new little girl. I happen to have images of the last book to use as a reference so I was able to put this one together pretty quickly. It is almost completed. What you see here are the individual month pages and then there are some additional pages that say things like "hospital stay" "our new family" "grandparents", etc.Last time she didn't know if she was having a boy or a girl so the book was sort of gender neutral. This time she knew so I got to use this really fun line of papers from KI memories in a pinks/greens/browns pallate with lots of flowers too.

So I guess this is a sneak preview. I don't know how often Susan checks this blog but I hope she likes it!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

What kind of album did you use. What brand? I think you said you like the 8 x 8 inch. Was it the type that has top loading plastic pages. I think I could do this fairly quickly as our class auction project. So let me know. I love you honey.