Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Scrapbook Update

The rain has stopped. I think it is over and I hope that as the storm moves on it brings some real spring weather in behind it.

Over the weekend I had an opportunity to go to Michael's with Peh and Alice and pick up some craft stuff. One thing I found was a box of printed notecards for making cards. So I took the opportunity to whip up these bad boys using the printed cards and some rub-on expressions and lots of embellishments I had laying around. Fun, quick and easy!
The real reason I went to Michaels was to pick up some foam sheets. You know that ones for kids craft projects. I took the foam sheets and cut them into 1 inch strips (the sheets were 12x17 and my strips are 1x12) and punched holes in them and made them into album spacers. These spacers can cost $2 a pair at the scrapbook store. I probably made 40 for under $2. Plus I bought black foam to go with my black albums. I would highly recommend this if you have large stuffed albums and need some spacers to fill up the binding area. My albums came with 4 cardboard spacers for free but I think the foam are much nicer. I also made a huge amount of 8" ones for my mini books too. You can buy extender posts at the hardware store for a lot less than at the scrapbook store too in case you didn't know.




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great idea- love the album spacers! WIsh I went to Michaels too...

Anonymous said...

Wow soooo cool how far $2 can go these days! :) Thanks for sharing your brain-winning money-saving ideas Alexis! Sandy, we should take a trip to Michaels with CLs one day! :)

Anonymous said...

I didn't know the hardware store carries the spacers. I wonder where in the store they would be found? Oops, another question. Sorry.

Alexis Cruikshank said...

Mom-I bought mine at Ace Hardware in Fairwood. Just look in the fastner aisle. You have to buy their posts to make sure the spacers are comparable. You pay per piece but even at 50 cents (they may have been cheaper) they are still a steal. BUT be sure to try them out in the store. Make sure the spacers and posts and tops all fit together. Sometimes they aren't tooled very well and they won't fit together.

peh said...

Love the card embellishments! I definitely don't use the right-side of my brain enough.