Second Issue: What happened to the fire place?!Our old apartment had a fireplace and more importantly a mantle. Much of my Christmas decorating centered around that mantle and fireplace. The new apartment has a staircase so that became the place for the mantle decorations. My garlands were easily adaptable and fit the space marvelously (hard to see but it is greenery and berries). The angel candles obviously couldn't go on the stairs so they ended up on the table instead. The other thing I used to do was frame each years Christmas photo in a small frame ornament and hang it on the mantle garland. We also hung our stockings on the mantle in the old place. I ended up hanging the stockings and the photos on the stairs and it turned out pretty good. Although I do miss my fake crackling fire!
More small details:

We hung our advent calendar and a wreath near the back door. I like this because you can see the calendar from the living room but the decorations are still spread throughout the house.
Another wreath on the front door. It is on the inside. The way our doors are set up there can't be a wreath on the outside of our door because the main front door would brush into it all the time. Therefor this wreath faces into our house.
A little tree by the phone.Other decor not shown includes:
I had gold stars that hang by gold ribbon in the window of our old living room (5 windows). Well we still have 5 windows in this place, 2 upstairs and 3 down so I hung my gold stars in each one (love it!). They never photograph well unfortunately. We also have electric candles in 2 of the windows. I think I may be 5 single candles and place them in each of the windows. There are also some more little trees in the bedroom and the craft room. That is about it I think. Merry Christmas!
1 comments:
I LOVE the Christmas pictures in the frames. Where will you put them when you have 50 of them?
Post a Comment