Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Earrings 1

Lately I have become more interested in earrings, big earrings. A friend at work (Marcela!) always seems to have on cute and often bold earrings. She has inspired me to wear earrings more often, something my mother has also suggested on multiple occasions. I am more of a necklace girl so I started looking for interesting earrings online and found a few really cute pairs. Last Saturday I found myself up in the office/studio talking to Greg and gravitated over to my work bench where a bunch of beads and stuff were laying out (since Christmas). I starting dinking around and came up with a couple of cute new pairs of earrings. This is the first set:I used these little chandelier pieces I picked up at the bead store last December, a few ball ended headpins, and some crystals. It took some experimenting to figure out how to construct them so they beads would hang nicesly together in such a small space. I am not an expert at all at jewelry making so my original plan had to be scrapped and I ended up going with fewer beads and simpler connections so they would all hang more tightly together.
I love the way they turned out. The beads are a very light brown/beigh color that should go with just about any outfit. Cute and simple but still a little flashy. Here they are on:

1 comments:

Diane Howard said...

VERY pretty. They are much bolder than your usual style. They look great on you I'm sure. I find that the longer my hair is the bolder I feel about wearing big earrings. When its short I get more self conscious. Looks like your hair is growing out from the little glimpse of hair.