Friday, February 06, 2009

Sensational Soda

For Christmas we received this as a gift from Greg's parents:It is a soda machine! I suggested it to them after seeing it at EveryDayDish.tv. Greg is absolutely addicted to seltzer (as am I) and this machine makes seltzer for about $0.15 a liter which is a great savings, you reuse the bottles so there is less waste, and it means no more trips to the store for heavy bottles. We usually buy cases of seltzer but we often run out and have to go to the corner store for more. It takes about 30 seconds to make water or soda. Just fill a bottle with cold water, attach it to the machine, press the button a few times till you get the desired amount of carbonation, and you are done. We like ours extra bubbly so we use the max amount of presses.
I also bought some consentrated soda syrups for the machine. Diet Cola and caffeine free Diet Cola. Not exactly the same flavor as Coke but I am pretty much used to it at this point. You just add the syrup to the water after you carbonate it. It couldn't be easier. We also got seltzer flavorings too. Plus you can make your own simple syrups using fruit if you want an all natural soda. WE LOVE THIS MACHINE!

1 comments:

Diane Howard said...

Super cool. It is always great when an item you THINK you will use and like, really turns out to be GREAT!! Did you ever replace your smart stik?