Last weekend was my freedom before Spring Term started and how did I spend it? Purging the closet in our bedroom.

Greg received a promotion in the new year to a more managerial position and with it came a new wardrobe. Shirts and ties almost daily and recently we got him some new slacks for work too. With the new inflow of clothes we went through the closet (and dresser) taking a look at each item he had and decided if it was worthy to remain. As I have complained before, our closet is horribly designed so that it is very difficult to access the clothes in the back. Because of that we found lots of items crammed in the back that could go. Greg buys most of his clothes at the thrift store so much of his wardrobe was run down or didn't really fit well. We weeded through it all and made notes on what needed to be purchased (as well as what to avoid like blue shirts. We found 6).

We also changed out all his hangers for thinner velvet textured hangers that take up less space. I went through my dresser drawers and pulled out all the pants that were too big. My bottom half is shrinking faster than the top so the shirt drawer didn't change. Lastly we tackled the coat closet before sorting the discarded clothes into donation and garbage piles. I will tackle my side of the closet when the weather changes since most of what is in there is warmer weather clothes.

In the meantime it is nice to have everything in order again and it should help Greg get ready faster in the morning.
1 comments:
You are an inspiration. I need to go through my closet again. I love those velvet hangers. They are really good for slippery fabrics and wide necklines.
Post a Comment